Part 2 investigatory work (Exercise 3.3)

I worked on these images in pairs, trying to use different techniques and colour ways for each image. It is interesting seeing them working (or not) together.  Note to myself to consider pairing up the Angela Johnson images using a common theme.

ex3.2 8 ex3.2 7

ex3.2 6 ex3.2 5

ex3.2 3 ex3.2 2

ex3.2 1

 

I was trying to experiment with my connection with the uncanny and how I might portray that with these prints.  As instructed, I used rags, cotton buds etc to wipe away the ink.  I also used a palette knife to apply the ink in one of the prints.

what worked:-

  • some of the cool/warm colour combinations
  • the interesting textures created by diluting and removing ink

what needs thought:-

  • the ink is too thinned in a few of these prints – need to try and combine that with the denser colour else it becomes to vague
  • need to contemplate composition even when experimenting like this
  • my work is still looking far too familiar.  I am getting to a bit of a crisis point now – I really don’t know what I need to do to break through.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s